Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I heart Wednesdays

As you may or may not have noticed, most of the time I blog on Wednesdays. That's because I have a break between my 2 classes from 12:45-2:30. However, today is different. On Monday and Wednesday mornings I come over to Trent's house, get on his computer, and do my homework that's due for that day. Yes, I do my homework the DAY it's due. Don't judge me. :) Like I said, today is different however. For both of my assignments that are due today, I thought they were either due last week or on Monday. Nope. They're due today. Therefore, they're already done! What a wonderful feeling!! *sigh of relief* I like this. A weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I can do anything this morning! I could've woken up at 9 instead of 7, but I didn't. I like coming over here in the mornings. But today I was wondering what I was going to do all morning. Then it hit me: BLOG! I've been slacking on the blogging lately. Oops :-/ So as I listen to James Blunt, be prepared to read, this may be a long one as I catch you up on my.....well, life.

A lot of people have been asking me how I like living in my new apartment. To be honest...... I love it! However, I don't really like the screaming kids that live below us and wake me up at 1:30am or the partiers that go on their balcony at 4:30am and talk/laugh very loud. Those, I could live without. But what makes up for it is the fact that I get to live with my sister. I've lost touch with my Mom and sister over the past few years. It wasn't anyone's fault, it just kinda happened. But anyway, we're beginning to mend those relationships and we've already had a few heart-felt talks with lots of crying. It's a new beginning for us as mother and her daughters. I just love it. I try to be home more often so I can start to develop an independent personality. But I really like being at home so I can see my sister and hear about her day. (I just took a little intermission to make egg sandwiches with Trent. We danced silly in the kitchen. We have fun.) I kinda lost my train of thought. Alright, I like talking and hanging out with my sister everyday but I especially like Wednesdays cuz we go and visit my Mom. You see, my sister used to live with my Mom, and now that my sister and I live together, my Mom is feeling a bit "empty-nested." So we came up with a plan to visit her every Wednesday. (fyi: last week my sister and I also visited my Dad in Granger where he now lives with his girlfriend. They cooked dinner for us, and my Dad took us for a ride in his new car. It was a nice time.) Anyway, we eat and talk and laugh and sometimes cry. It's great. To sum it up: no more awkwardness between us. I'm learning how to have a typical mother-daughter, sister-sister relationship. It just makes me feel so good, what can I say? Alright, enough of that.

So there you have it. Basically, moving into this apartment with my sister was probably the best thing that has happened to me in awhile. I feel different, like my life has a new direction. Many relationships are changing for the better and it's amazing. I haven't been this happy in a long time :)

Abby

1 comment:

Rachel Miller said...

My favorite blog by far! :)