Thursday, January 29, 2009

Still Feelin' It

Just an update on my last post about almost fainting in the shower. Last Thursday while I was sitting in class, I had the feeling again. My heart started racing, I began to get hot, and started shaking a little, but it only lasted for maybe 30 seconds. I think the only reason I was feeling this way again was because I was thinking about what happened in the shower. Sorta like psyching myself out, like my body was reacting to only what was in my mind.

The day after (Friday) I was at work thinking about what happened to me in class. I texted my Mom about what had happened and we agreed that I needed to go see the doctor. Wise decision. I made the appointment for next week on Wed (2/4)

I'm eager to hear my diagnosis. The most common concensus I've heard from other people is that I'm either dehydrated or have low blood pressure, or maybe even anemic. I think it's either a blood problem or a food/drink problem. Whatever the case may be, I'm just ready to hear it and literally cannot wait until my appointment next week.

You see, Tues in class I was just sitting there watching the prof write on the chalkboard and I got the feeling again--hot, shaky, racing heart. This time, I wasn't even thinking about what has been happening to me. It just sprouted up out of nowhere, but only lasted about 30 seconds again. But today was worse. I woke feeling weak and very tired. Definetely not motivating for school. I got to school and just felt disoriented. I drank about 2 bottles of water (to try and get hydrated) and had to pee like crazy! lol Anyway, I couldn't concentrate in class so here I am. Skipping my 10:00 class and blogging. I just didn't want to have to go through another class feeling that miserable and not being able to concentrate.

I'm waiting for Trent to get done with his class at 11:15 then we're going to lunch. I hope that after lunch, after I get some more food in me, I'll be able to make it through my 2 afternoon classes without a hitch.

Can it be wednesday already?!

Abby

2 comments:

Todd said...

It is good that you are getting this checked out! Take care!

Jan D-M said...

Okay, now this may seem a bit weird, but I just had a conversation with a teacher yesterday whose son went to Riley for something like this. It was not a big deal and the procedure was fairly simple. I'm not trying to diagnose, but it was a coincidence that I learned about this yesterday.

Check this link:
http://www.heartrhythmcenter.com/myweb2/svt_ablation.htm

Of course, you know that I am not a doctor, I just play one on TV. It is also possible that you are allergic to Trent.

:)