Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm Not Gonna Die Afterall!

I had my doctor's appointment this morning at 9. I told him everything that has been going on and he said this happens to a lot of people, more than people realize. He said that a valve in my heart is supposed to go only one way but sometimes it will go the other way. This causes my heart to skip a beat or beat really fast for a second, which causes me to become lightheaded. Also, when I drink a lot of caffiene, that causes my heart to beat faster which doesn't help the valve. And for my leg cramps, I need to start taking a multivitamin and keep hydrated. I'm not getting enough potassium in my diet so the multivitamin will help with the muscle cramps. Sooo...... I'm normal. He said if this keeps happening more often or if I feel like it interrupts my life too much, I might have to wear a heart monitor for a week to see if I have some kind of irregular heartbeat.

Yay! I think I'm gonna be alright! Flintstone vitamins, here I come!

Abs

2 comments:

Jim Morse said...

Glad you are okay, Abby-NORMAL!

Jim M

Jan D-M said...

Wait a minute! He said you were normal?

You need a new doctor, Abby!!