Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Almost Died This Morning

I had the most terrifying thing happen to me this morning. I seriously thought it was the end of my life. Here's the story.

I woke up early this morning, had school at 8:30, so I got up around 6am. I was soooo tired, more than usual, and a little disoriented. I had my electric blanket on the usual "5" heat setting (out of 20) like every other night and I woke up sweating like every other night. I finally drug myself out of bed, disoriented and sweating. I put on my glasses, grabbed my hairbrush and towel, and headed to the shower.

Like I said, I was abnormally hot this morning so I kept the shower water a little cooler than normal. However, towards the end of the shower, after I had just put conditioner in my hair, I felt a little chilly. Therefore, I turned up the heat just a tad. Not 1 minute later, I felt VERY woozy.

My heart started racing like crazy and I started to shake. What's going on?!?! I was starting to lose my vision! I desperately tried to rinse out the conditioner in my hair and turn off the water. If I was dying, I was definetely waking Rachel up asap to help me! I reached for the nozzle but couldn't find it! I had lost my vision completely! Everything went black. I softly groaned in fear as I frantically searched for the nozzle. After what felt like 10 minutes, I finally found the nozzle and turned off the water. Where's the shower curtain?!? Get me outta here! I stepped out of the shower as I started to get my vision back. All I could do was dry off and just sit on the the edge of the shower in my towel, shaking in terror. What the heck just happened?!?

I started to calm down and stopped shaking. I headed back to my room, hair still halfway drenched with conditioner. I sat down on my bed and took a glance at the mirror. I seriously looked like a ghost. There was absolutely no color to my skin at all. I was so confused. Did I just almost die?! Or a little less extreme, pass out?

I'm still a little shook up about what happened. I think I just got too hot from the shower and my body couldn't handle it that early in the morning. This has happened to me before, though. Last year when I had 8:30 classes I would wake up early to take a shower and would suddenly feel very weak. I just had to turn off the water and go to my room to lay down for a few minutes. This time was a lot worse, though.

What a scary experience! Lesson learned though: don't keep the electric blanket heat too high and keep the shower water cool!

Abby

1 comment:

Ben Miller said...

dehydrated maybe?? too little sleep?? AJ said your dehydrated, maybe from sweating in the electric blanket.

Its really not that big of a deal, I almost die all the time haha.