Sunday, February 15, 2009

V-Day Recap

"I hate Valentine's Day" is what I've been saying for years, even though I have a boyfriend. Trent and I usually boycott Valentine's Day because we just view it as a made up holiday. I hate how it makes single people feel like crap. I refuse to buy a card or chocolates because I do not want to support these companies. Call me a sourpuss, but that's just my opinion. Just because we don't make a huge deal about Valentine's Day doesn't mean I won't do a little something special for my love.

This year, I made *surprise*cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes with red sprinkles. That's it. And Trent gave me Dove chocolates with caramel, my favorite. Trent has been asking me for about a week "Are we doing anything for Valentine's Day?" I finally broke down and told him we could go to Red Lobster only because I have a giftcard from Christmas. So we decided to go to Red Lobster after church. We were hoping it wouldn't be so busy since we wouldn't get there til 8. WRONG. We made our way through the sardine-packed waiting area and waited in line just to put our names in. After about 30 seconds, we both said screw it and left.

We drove to Olive Garden and the situation wasn't any better. This time, we didn't even get out of the car. We drove all around South Bend looking for somewhere to eat. We were starving! By then, I didn't even care where we ate, I just needed some food! hah Even though we were starving and driving around.... we had soooo much fun. I LOVE just driving around with Trent. We were spending time together and having a good time, what more could we have wanted? We just laughed at the situation and ended up at Martin's supermarket. We decided to find something to make at home.

Neither one of us cook... ever. We ended up in the pasta isle and decided to make a fettucini recipe that was on the noodle box. We grabbed some cheesy garlic bread and headed to his house. We got there at about 9:30 and made our dinner together, in our dressy clothes. It was so much fun. We're goofballs anyway so we had a good time. We finally got to eat at about 10:15. By then, we weren't even hungry anymore because we were so tired. Our dinner was so delicious though. We ate the leftovers for lunch today.

So that was our lovely, hectic Valentine's Day. It was a nice day. All I really want for Valentine's Day is just to be with my love. And that's what happened, I was satisfied. Thank you for being you. Lesson learned for next year: make a reservation.

Abby

No comments: